Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back to Work I Go

As a kid, I always dreaded going back to school after Christmas break.  In college, I always hated returning to campus after winter break.  As a teacher, I hate going back to school after Christmas break.  I guess some things never change.  I just enjoy having some time off to relax and I honestly hate to give that up.  I know many of you reading this are thinking, "Well, it must be nice to have all the days off that teachers get" and I would admit that it is.  But I also like to point out that we don't get paid overtime for SEVERAL extra hours outside of contract time put in during the year so I guess it balances out.  This year is especially hard because going back to school also means Beckham going to daycare.  I know that he will be in wonderful care while I am at work, but it will still difficult to leave him for the first few days.  Wish us luck.

I also forgot to post about Beckham's two month check-up this past week.  He weighed 11 lbs. 2 oz. (25th to 50th percentile) and was 23 1/2 inches long (50th to 75th percentile).  This is right where Makenna was at two months based on their individual birth rates, so it appears that we might have another long, skinny child on our hands.  Dr. Hampton said everything else was great so we were very pleased. 

Hope everyone has a good first week of 2011.  The Coffers will be spending it trying to get into a routine again and planning Makenna's 3rd birthday party, which is on January 15th.

No comments: