Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Waiting No More

We finally received word that we will be having summer school. So, it looks like my next few days will be spend getting ready for 19 days of teaching credit recovery before school ends on Friday. I also have next week, but I have already committed to help work on writing math assessments for 9 hours a day, so I don't believe there will be much time for summer school planning.

Speaking of waiting, we only have two weeks until we find out if Makenna will be having a baby brother or a baby sister. Today we scheduled the ultrasound for June 2nd and we cannot wait.

We are also in the process of planning a vacation to Chicago in July. We are riding the Amtrak there from St. Louis and we have our hotel booked. Other than that, we haven't planned anything so if anyone has any suggestions please let us know.

All I can say is bring on the craziness of summer.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Still Waiting...

That's right--we are still waiting to hear about summer school.  We were originally told that we would find out about state funding by May 7th.  Well, tomorrow is May 7th and we have now been told that they will make a decision by next Friday.  I just want to know if I am teaching or not so I know if I need to keep materials out or pack them up as I prepare my classroom for summer. 

In other news, Justin and I have recently made the decision to become the leaders of our small group at church.  I have lead Bible stud ies in the past, but Justin has not and since he isn't the type that is outgoing in groups he and I thought that he would never want to.  However, I guess God had other plans and when this opportunity was laid before us it was Justin who was first to say that he believed this was something we needed to do.  We absolutely love the other couples in our small group and we are excited to see howthe Lord blesses our group.