The circumstances Justin and I have faced or people close to us have faced over the past week have really made me reflect on how much I worry about the small things in life and get a "woe is me" attitude. So, if nothing else but to remind us to be grateful for what we have I want to get the following list down in writing.
1. Instead of feeling like a failure as a parent because Makenna got a naughty note sent home for pinching a friend in the face at preschool, may I instead learn to appreciate and acknowledge the developmental, intellectual and spiritual progress and growth I see daily in both of my children. May I also remember to thank God daily that he chose me to be Makenna and Beckham's mom--what an incredible gift!
2. Instead of constantly worrying about the balance of our bank accounts, may I instead be thankful that God meets each and every one of our needs.
3. Instead of complaining about the tons of tasks, etc. that are involved in my job, may I instead be thankful just to have a job that also comes with a high degree of job security. May I also remind myself that I have a wonderful group of co-workers, several of whom are my closest friends.
4. Instead of getting annoyed when Justin forgets to do something the is on his "honey-do" list, etc., may I instead be thankful that I have a husband that loves me and our children unconditionally and that we have a stong family that is centered around our Heavenly Father.
5. Instead of getting annoyed by the seasonal allergies I suffer from, may I instead be reminded that I don't have a life-threatening illness or disability, nor does anyone in my family. They to shall pass.
6. Instead of trying to control every single aspect of my life, may I instead surrender everything to Him who deserves my complete devotion, admiration, love, etc.
7. Instead of worrying about turning the big 3-0 next week, may I instead use this milestone to reflect on the past three decades of my life, learn from the mistakes I have made, and look forward and make goals for the remaining ones I have left here on this earth.
Nora Kay Love ~ 11 Months
1 year ago