Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Preparations

Wow!  It has been a crazy, busy past week.  I returned to work last Monday to tie up loose ends at the end of the semester and to do grades, so I haven't had time during the day to post, etc.  We also had something every night last week so it really seemed like we didn't have time to do much.  Thankfully, my school dismissed for Christmas break on Friday, so I have two full weeks off until I go back on January 3rd.  Yesterday, we had our first Christmas celebration with my mom's side of the family.  Makenna always enjoys playing with all her cousins.  Because the family is so large due to many of us being married with kids we don't do gifts, so I was very curious when I saw my mom carrying in gift boxes.  After we ate she passed them out and in the boxes were these:


Aprons--but not just any apron.  They had a recipe of my Grandma's on it written in her handwriting.  It was a special gift.

After our family Christmas, Santa made a special visit to Makenna and Beckham at Nana and Papa's house.  Makenna was so surprised.




This week we are finishing up all the last minute shopping and getting ready for all the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day festivities.  Here are a few pictures we have taken over the past week or so.






No comments: