Saturday, April 9, 2011

Makenna Reading

The other night in between giving the kids a bath Makenna decided she wanted to "read" a book to Beckham.  She chose the only book she can "read" right now, Brown Bear, Brown Bear.  Now I know my daughter is smart, but I also know that she knows how to get through the book because of the repetition and the colors she recognizes.  But hey, it's a good start to her becoming a little reader.  Speaking of reading, I enrolled Makenna in Tiger Cubs Preschool yesterday, which my school district's preschool.  We won't know for sure if she gets in until May, but the chances are pretty high.  I am excited for this, yet a bit sad at the same time. 

My heart melts when I watch this video and see how sweet Makenna is to Beckham.  She really is a good big sister and Beckham seemed to enjoy being read to as well.


In other news, we still aren't 100% healthy in the Coffer house.  This week, I have experienced the nasty virus everyone else has had and still am not feeling the greatest.  This has gone on for three plus weeks.  Hopefully all will be well within the next week and that we stay that way for a good, long while. 

No comments: