Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend Recap

Since it has been a week since Mother's Day I guess it is time that I post about my wonderful weekend.  Friday evening Justin and the kids took me out to dinner at Houlihan's and then we braved the crowd downtown to indulge in these:


The cupcakes from the Cup are delicious.  We were originally going to try the newer cupcake place in town (owned by a friend of my brother's), but they were closed so we opted for the Cup instead.  It sure didn't disappoint, but we will be trying the other place soon.

Saturday was a pretty low key day.  Justin had to ref two soccer games at Lake Country so before his games we all headed out there to watch my cousin, Luke, play in his game.  Makenna is all excited now for soccer and she will be attending a soccer camp this summer to make sure she likes to the sport before we enroll her to play this fall.  That afternoon we just relaxed, I went to the gym for a quick workout, and we grilled out for dinner.  I was a great day.

Sunday, we got up early and went to breakfast at Craker Barrel before church.  It was delicious.  After church, we headed to Bolivar to take my mom out to lunch and spend time with her.  We also visited with my aunt who was here from Deleware and we (my brother, sister, and I) were asked to go through some of my grandma's things and split them between us.  It made me kind of sad to be doing this on the first Mother's Day without her, but I am just glad to have some of her things.  And here is just a funny story.  When my grandma served as a Foster Grandparent they were given things from Hallmark that were discountinued, overstocked, etc.  Well, over the years she had gained quite the supply of wrapping paper, gift bags, etc.  She did use them and she also gave them to us when she received some "loot" as we called it.  Well, apparently she didn't use enough because I am now the proud owner of approximately 20 rolls of wrapping paper, 100 gift bags, and tons of packages of napkins and plates.  I know I will use them at some point, but I just can't believe how much she had.  And keep in mind that my sister and I split this stuff between us so my part is only half of what she had!

Also, I promised to post about my Mother's Day gifts.  I would have been perfectly satisfied with just spending time with my family, but I admit that I was spoiled with gifts.  Here is what I got:

A beautiful bracelet similar to this one.  I tried to take a picture of mine, but you just couldn't see the detail of it from my picture.  Of course mine has two strands (one for each child).  I absolutely LOVE it and have received many compliments on it.

My first pair of Toms, but definitely not my last.  These shoes are so comfy!

I also received a gift certificate to the Mudlounge to use sometime when we go out without the kids and also a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure, and facial at my favorite salon here is town.

So, needless to say it was a great weekend all because of these great people.  I love them so much.


No comments: