Monday, October 31, 2011

A Festive Weekend

Wow!  What a busy, but wonderful weekend we had.  Friday, I was out of school so I spent the day getting ready for Beckham's 1st birthday party, which was on Saturday.  Between cleaning and baking I had a lot to do, but I figured my little boy only turns 1 once so I better do it right. 

Saturday morning we all got up early to finish cleaning and I began baking all the appetizers and snacks for the party.  I got a lot of new recipies off Pinterest and I am so glad they were a big hit. I will share the recipes in another post.  Guests started arriving in the early afternoon and the party officially began at 2.  We were blessed to have family and friends come to help us celebrate and Beckham got his first taste of cake.  I will definitely post some pictures after I get them edited, but we did eventually have to his smash cake away from him so he wouldn't get sick.  We then opened his presents and he got some new toys that he loves to play with--a riding firetruck, stacking blocks, LeapFrog Transportation Frig Set, PJs, Mizzou bear and blanket, books, etc., etc., etc.  He had a wonderful party and it is still hard to believe our little guy is 1.  Like I said I will definitely post pictures when they are edited--we have just been too busy to have time to do that.

Sunday, we planned on going to church, however, we were almost there and realized we didn't get a pacifier for Beckham so we turned around and went home.  We could have gone to second service, but we needed to be in Bolivar to do our annual Halloween activites there before heading back to Springfield for our small group.  So, Makenna was upset about not getting to go to church, but she soon was happy when she got an abundance of candy.  Makenna (aka Emily Elizabeth) and Beckham (aka Clifford the Big Red Dog) got more than enough candy and we still have to go to our church's trunk or treat festivities tonight.  :)

No comments: