Thursday, October 11, 2012

One Messed Up World

This is all I can think about with the recent events that have occurred in two different parts of our country.  The first involved a students from my school district.  I didn't have her in class, but I know some of her family and the circumstances of her disappearance and death are just sickening.  You can read more about this case and investigation here.There have been several tears shed in our community over the past week and once again we are reminded on who fragile life can be and that we can NEVER be too protective of our kiddos.

The other missing girl is a 10-year old from Colorado who was abducted on her way to school last Friday in the area where my sister and brother-in-law live.  Her backpack and water bottle were found right near my sister's old apartment and they are currently waiting for news as to whether a body found today in a park is hers.

These two events have left me doing A LOT of reflecting this week about the world we actually live in.  All I can do for these two girls and their families is pray, but that definitely doesn't take away the pain they are experiencing.  Yet at the same time it also leaves my reflecting on the omnipotence of our God and the hope we have in Him.  Would you also please for these two families? And also, please hold your babies a little tighter tonight.

No comments: