Monday, November 10, 2008

Thank You Veterans

Tomorrow is Veteran's Day and every year I am given a great reminder of the price many have paid for our freedom. A good friend and co-worker of mine puts together an awesome Veteran's Day assembly each year for our school and on Friday I was once again reminded of how blessed we are to live in our country. Of course we had the traditional singing of "God Bless the USA", but two things from this assembly really brought tears to my eyes. One was a song entitled "You Don't Even Know My Name" that another good friend of mine at work composed and sang. I don't have the lyrics to the song, but if I get them I will try to post them. It is just amazing! The other was the following video. The song is "Freedom Never Cries" by Five for Fighting. Enjoy the video and don't forget to thank a veteran for their service.

http://www.whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com/videos/view/id/706270

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have never seen that.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to sign my name
Mom