Monday, December 1, 2008

'Tis the Season

Well, it is now that time of year that we must try to keep our almost 1-year old out of the Christmas decorations. I was very concerned about her getting into the tree or pulling the stocking off the mantle, but she doesn't even seem interested in touching them at all. All she does it look at the treeand say, "Wow!" and I don't even think she has realized the stockings. However, she does like to get into these cute little boxes that I stack beside the fireplace. I can't tell you how many times we have had to pull her away from them in the 24 hours we have had them out. But to look on the positive side, I would rather she be into those instead of the tree. We had a great time decorating our home as a family this year and we are looking forward to this first holiday season as parents. It will be neat to see Christmas again through the eyes of a child. Justin has already told me that I am going way too far with all of it this year, but I just can't help myself. I know Makenna doesn't really understand the concept of Santa and all the holiday jazz, but I just explained to Justin that this is my "trial run" because next year she will understand. He laughed at me the other night as I was wrapping some gifts and I was planning out what paper to use for which presents. He looked at me and said, "Just wrap the gifts," but I had to explain to him that there needed to be some thought put into what I did. I told him that I couldn't wrap Makenna's presents from us in the same paper I wrap her presents from Santa. While I like to think I have an exceptionally bright child, I know good and well she won't realize that presents that are from her parents and Santa are wrapped in the same paper and figure out that we are Santa. However, like I said, this is my practice year and I have to get used to having a child now and all that goes into the holiday season. (And just in case you are wondering, I wrapped her presents from Santa in Santa paper and her other ones are wrapping in this cute little paper with Christmas bears on them.) I will try to post some pictures soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny Laynie really doesn't care either. It's the boys that I have to keep out you would think it would be the other way around. I just this year have bought different wrapping paper for gifts. Kaden is starting to pay attention to details! Have a great Christmas!!