Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Four and More

Well Makenna finally has both of her front teeth bringing the grand total to four (two on top and two on the bottom.) She has imprints of four other teeth that appear to be making their way out, but with the way she has been that can be another few months.

Also, some fruits of our labor have finally paid off. I decided when Makenna was just a few weeks old that I wanted to teach her some sign language so that she could better communicate with us. We have tried it a little bit, but since she is so verbal it has been difficult for her to learn--she just wants to try to vocalize the words we say. I really wanted her to learn the sign for "thank you" but she can already so it so there is no need for the sign. So, my next word to try has been "more". She signed it once on Saturday night at dinner and last night while I was feeding her I asked her if she wanted more while doing the sign. She signed that she wanted more and that was all it took. When I asked it she wanted more she signed that she did another four times. I am so proud of her and I hope it continues. I am also trying to teach her drink, eat, and please. Hopefully her progress will continue.

No comments: