Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Makenna!

Where has the past year gone? It seems like only yesterday that Justin and I welcomed our precious baby girl into this world. I have to say that motherhood hasn't always been easy, but it definitely is the most rewarding job I will ever have. Makenna has taught me so much in the first year of her life--not only about being a parent, but also about life in general--and I know that she will continue to teach me (or help remind me of things) as she grows. When reflecting on this past year I have learned:


1. There is nothing better than seeing your child's face light up when you walk into the room.


2. It is okay if the house doesn't get cleaned or the laundry stays dirty for another day--quality family time is more important.


3. It is important to let your child know how much they are loved not only by you, but also by God.


4. Mama is one of the sweetest words you will ever be called.


5. You develop more appreciation for alone time (by yourself or with your spouse) once you have children and you realize how much you took it for granted before becoming a parent.


6. I am truly blessed with a wonderful husband and daughter who mean the world to me.


There is so much more that I could add to this list, but it is getting late and I am exhausted from all of today's birthday activities. Once I have uploaded the pictures from Makenna's party I will post them. But for now here are some pictures of Makenna taken throughout this past year.





























No comments: