Monday, June 15, 2009

Congratulations Mom!

This weekend we had the opportunity to go to Branson to attend a very special banquet for my mom--she was installed as the president of the Missouri Federation of Republican Women. She has been a very dedicated member of this group for years at the local and state levels and now she is holding the highest office for this group. We are very proud of her so it was only fitting that we mention it here on our blog. Makenna even got to take the stage with her during her speech and once again she was the center of attention.





This past week I was also involved in our church's VBS. This year we did a sports camp where the kids got to learn fundamentals of basketball, volleyball, baseball, football, and cheerleading. We also had a Bible story time. I have to admit that by the time I got to VBS at 5:45 I was pretty exhausted from a full day of summer school and by the end of the week I was pretty drained. However, the time I sacrificed by being a team leader for the camp was WAY worth it because I got to lead two boys to Christ. It was awesome how God used me as a tool to further His kingdom.
On one final note, did you notice what is missing in the family picture above? That's right--my glasses. I finally went to the eye doctor last week and I am trying out contacts. I think I finally have to hang of how to put them in and take them out and now I just have to get used to them. I go back on Wednesday, so I have just a few more days to decide if I want to continue with the contacts or get a new pair of glasses. Any suggestions are gladly welcomed. Have a great week.

No comments: