Saturday, June 6, 2009

Our Girl is Growing Up

This week has been a big week in the Coffer house--Makenna used her potty chair for the first time! It is my goal to have her completely potty trained by the time I go back to work in August and we are off to a good start. I really had no intention of beginning the process until next month, but on Tuesday she decided she wanted to sit on her potty chair so of course I let her. She has used the chair four times since then so all I can say is the potty training is definitely in full swing here. It will definitely be nice to not have to buy diapers until we have another little one!


Makenna's vocabulary has also expanded and she is starting to say phrases and sometimes complete sentences, including "Here's my bow.", "Where daddy go?", and "I see it." Justin's glad that she can also say "baball" (basketball). He is so excited about her new word that we bought her a basketball goal this morning at a garage sale. Now, we did get a good deal on it by only paying $5 for it and it is in great shape, but I am not expecting any slam dunks from her just yet. I will try to post some pictures (or maybe a video if I ever figure out how to do that) of her playing with her goal sometime soon.

We did enjoy our trip to Sikeston last week. It was good to see family and to catch up with friends we hadn't seen in a while and of course, the wedding we attended was beautiful. My first week of summer school went smoothly. I can say that I love doing credit recovery (which is teaching the kids that need the credits so that they can be promoted to the next grade) and it is also nice to know that with this position I am pretty much guaranteed a summer school job and that I won't have to "compete" for one. We don't have any pictures from the wedding because we forgot our camera, but here are a few pictures a friend sent. Another friend is supposed to be sending us more (they all took several of Makenna), so we will post them when we get them.



Justin with Ryan and Chris--We love these two guys!

Makenna and Justin dancing at the reception

1 comment:

Isaac Johnson said...

I love it when Ryan wears a suit! Wish I could have been there to see you guys.