Thursday, April 1, 2010

One Proud Mama

I just have to share what happened in the car this morning on my way to drop Makenna off at the babysitter and then head to work.

One of my favorite songs Mighty to Save came on the radio so Makenna and I listened to it.  After the song was over I thought I would share with her what the song meant.  Since she is only two I figured she wouldn't care what I was about to tell her let alone understand it, but I believe one is never to young to hear about Jesus.  Justin and I have already had several conversations with her about spiritual things, but her interest and excitement about our conversation this morning just made my day--so much so that I had to call Justin immediately and tell him about it.  Our converstaion went like this.

Me:  Makenna do you know what Sunday is?

Makenna:  No.

Me:  It's Easter.

Mak:  Yeah, Easter.

Me:  Do you know why we celebrate Easter?

Mak:  No.

Me:  It is because Jesus died for us on a cross and then rose again.  We celebrate all He has done for us.  Do you remember who Jesus is?

Mak:  Yes, Mama

Me:  All you have to do it ask Jesus to come into your heart and you will be saved and spend eternity with Him in heaven.  Daddy and I pray that you will ask Jesus into your heart one day when you get older.

Mak:  Oh, yes!  Cool!

Her last reponse is something I will always treasure.  She seemed so focused on what I was telling her and really seemed to comprehend it.  I honestly believe it was on of my proudest moments as a parent thus far. 
With all the craziness I and we as a family have been going through this week, Makenna's conversation reminded me that there is nothing more important in this life than family and making sure they will be with us in heaven someday.  Oh, to have faith like a child!

No comments: