Friday, March 4, 2011

Just have to brag for a minute...

I am one proud mommy right now.  About a month ago we purchased the Pre-School Prep Sight Words 3-pack DVD set for Makenna.  We bought the colors, numbers, and letters DVDs for her when she was about 1 because I just wasn't fond of the Baby Einstein videos and being and educator I wanted my child to watch something educational if she was going to watch videos.  Anyways, Makenna has been watching them off and one for the past month, but it is supposed to take a few months for the child to learn the sight words.  Tonight Makenna kept telling me she wanted to watch her "wiff" DVD (or so I thought that was what she was saying).  I had no clue what she was talking about so she told me to get her words DVDs so I handed her the box with the three DVDs in them.  She took out one and said, "This one, this is my "wiff" DVD."  I look at the back of the case and written in big red letters was WITH.  She then pointed to the word and I couldn't help but tell her how proud of her I was.  I then pointed to some other words on the cases and she got 3/5 of them, including be, play, and my.  She told me she didn't know the word of and she said her for she.  All I can say is that I am amazed that my 3 year old is learning her sight words.  Many kids go to kindergarten not knowing how to read the sight words.

So, needless to say, I HIGHLY recommend these DVDs to all parents with infants and toddlers.  Here is a link to the company website and yes, I plan on buying Makenna the books her very soon.

No comments: