Sunday, August 2, 2009

Last Week of Freedom

I can't believe that it is August already and that means it is about time for me to go back to work. I head back to work on the 12th, so this will be my last full week off and I hope to do some fun things with Makenna. We have made progress on some of my summer goals, but none have been fully accomplished. Makenna can now repeat the alphabet with us and she knows some letters in order (ie: a-b-c and p-q). She can also recognize the colors blue and red. I think this is because I have taught her that Elmo (aka Melmo in the Coffer house) is red and Cookie is blue. Yes, she is obsessed with Sesame Steet right now. We are also still in the progress of potty training and I hope to work on that pretty hard this week.

We have had a relaxing week this past week, but not one without excitement. On Thursday, we headed to Bolivar because my aunt from Delaware was visiting. No one was at my grandma's house so Makenna and I went in and made ourselves at home like we always do. I set Makenna's toys out in the living room and left her in there playing while I went into the kitchen to wash my hands. If you have been following our blog a while, you might recall a picture I posted of Makenna on here of her riding on the Jazzy chair that my grandma got for Christmas with my brother. Everytime we go to my grandma's house, Makenna wants to go for a ride in it so one of us puts her on our lap and we go for a ride. Well, on Thursday, she decided she would go for a ride by herself. I hadn't been in the kitchen but a few seconds when I heard "beep, beep" (which is the sound the Jazzy makes when it is being turned on), so I ran back into the living room. I see Makenna up in the Jazzy and taking a little ride on it. Luckily she steered in in a very straight path and she didn't have time to make it very far. I couldn't help but laugh at the sight, but it was kind of scary at the same time. I am just glad she didn't run into anything! Sometimes she is just a bit too smart for her own good, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: