Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Vegas--Day 4

Our last full day in Vegas, we once again slept in and then headed to the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay for brunch. Justin had always wanted to go to one of these and had we not had a show planned for the evening he might have convinced me to go back for some live music. After brunch, we hit the strip for some more sightseeing. We took the monorail all the way up to the northern part of the strip and then spent the rest of the day buying souvenirs. We did get an up-close encounter with the lions at the MGM during feeding time, which was very cool. At 5, we headed to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner and then it was off to our final show, KA. It is another Cirque show and like Mystere, this one did not disappoint. The theatrics were absolutely amazing! Several people have asked me which was my favorite between Mystere and KA and I can honestly say that I cannot choose. Each one is fantastic in its own right, so they both get high marks from both Justin and myself. After the show we went back out of the strip for a bit and then headed back to our hotel and capped off our trip with a few more pulls of the slots. We had an early flight out on Thursday so we headed to our room about midnight to get packed.
We definitely had a wonderful time and got a much needed vacation from our toddler who I think has hit the Terrible Twos a bit early (more on this in the next post.) Don't get me wrong, we love Makenna and couldn't imagine our lives without her, but this trip gave Justin and I some long overdue, uninterrupted adult conversation. Enjoy the last set of pictures.

No comments: