Thursday, July 2, 2009

Little Cook

Makenna and I have been enjoying our time together at home. All she has wanted to do these past few days is "cook" at her kitchen, which was a wonderful garage sale find because it is in brand new condition and I paid 1/5 of what I could have paid for it in the store. It is so cute to watch her--she will work at her kitchen for a bit and then she will set out plates and put "food" on the plates for us to sample. She will even pass out the silverware. She doesn't have a lot of pretend food yet, but she definitely has enough to keep her occupied. She will have more at Christmas--yes, I already have purchased a vegetable set, a fruit set, and a hamburger set give her. These sets were so cute that I couldn't resist and it will also help her learn all her fruits and veggies as well as help her with color recognition. I found the veggies and hamburger sets at Marshall's so I got a great deal on them. The fruit set I purchased at a local store called the Children's Orchard, who just recently began carrying this line of pretend food. Unfortunately, I can't get the video of her playing with her kitchen to upload (I have been trying since last night), but I will keep trying. Until then, we hope everyone has a safe and wonderful 4th of July. We sure will.


No comments: