Sunday, November 29, 2009

The End of One Holiday=The Beginning of Another

We definitely had a good, but very busy Thanksgiving.  We left our house late Wednesday afternoon for Bolivar to visit my family.  We have a delicious meal as always that was prepared by my mom.  We headed back to our house late Thursday evening with my mom and my sister. 

We planned on heading to bed early so that we could get up for our Black Friday shopping, but that didn't happen.  I had the bright idea of ordering some things online when they went on sale at mid-night, but apparently so did a lot of other people.  The website I was trying to order from kept shutting down and when it did go back up it wouldn't let me place my order.  So at 1:15 I finally decided to go to bed.  I then got up at 2:45 and checked the website once again.  This time I was successful.  We left home at 4:30 (we were originally going to leave at 3:30, but due to my crazy idea of ordering online that was no longer necessary) and headed to our first stop.  I got some good deals on toys for the foster children our family signed up to buy gifts for at church.  I was out of the store by 5:30 and I headed to Staples by myself (the other two were still shopping) to get the most anticipated items on my Black Friday list--a GPS and a digital camera.  The GPS required a ticket in order to get on and I was lucky enough to receive one.  However, when I got to the digital cameras the one I wanted was already gone.  However, I expected this might happen due to the amazing deal this camera was, so I put plan B into place.  This involved calling Justin, who was on standby at home, to order it online.  And luckily, it was still available so we got both of the items we wanted.  I then went to pick my mom and sister back up--however, my mom was waiting in line to pay.  Two hours later, after my sister and I had made additional trips to Walmart and McDonalds, my mom was finally ready to go.  We then headed to Kohl's just to see what they had and then to the mall.  By this time it was about 11 o'clock and we were all pretty tired so we headed home with several items in our car.  After picking Makenna and Justin up at home, we all headed back to Bolivar so that Justin could prepare for the MU/KU football game that he, my brother, and my dad were going to on Saturday morning.

On Saturday, while the guys were at the game, my mom and I made some Christmas wreaths and we also watched a good family friend, Shelby.  The rest of her family had gone to the game as well, so Makenna got to play all day with her.  We went to the park and just had fun.  Justin also had a great time at the game--they sat in the third row in the end zone.  He said it was the craziest game he had ever been to and he thoroughly enjoyed tailgating before the game.
 
Today, we began decorating for Christmas.  I planned on getting the tree up, but I don't think that is going to happen since Justin has yet to get it down from the attic.  Also, I don't want Makenna to miss out on the experience so I guess that will have to wait until tomorrow night.  I have a majority of my other decorations put up and I even made a new decoration today for our porch.  I will take some pictures and post them soon.  Hope everyone has a good week. 

No comments: