Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful List Catch Up

Due to being out of town this weekend, I wasn't able to blog, so this post will be an attempt at catching up on my thankful list.  I will break it down day-by-day so I know I have posted at least one thing I am thankful for during the days I was MIA.

Thursday 11/19:  I am so thankful that four years ago on Thursday I married my best friend.  I know I am not always the best at showing or saying how much I love Justin, but he is a wonderful husband and father and I know this sounds so cliche, but I honestly couldn't go through life without him.  I am so thankful for all his support, encouragement, love, humor, etc that make me a stronger person and I thank God for him.

Today I was also reminded of how blessed I am to be surrounded by a wonderful bunch of co-workers.  Once a month, a group of teachers from my school get together to discuss educational topics over dinner--ok, let's be honest, it is mostly about socializing and having a good time--but nevertheless, we always have a good time.  I know that I can always count on anyone in this group, as well as numerous other co-workers.  It is so nice to work with people on a daily basis who you care about and who you know care about you as well.

Friday 11/20--I am thankful for my family.  I think it says it all that when I asked Makenna what she is thankful for today on our drive home she responded without any prompting, "Tent, Eila, Nana, Papa."  In case you're wondering that is my brother, Trent, my sister, Sheila, my mom, and my dad, respectively.  I have never been good at saying how much I appreciate them, but I hope when they read this they will be reminded of all they mean to me.  I am so thankful that my mom is always there to watch Makenna when I need her or to offer any advice I might need, that my dad or brother are there to answer all the questions that Justin doesn't know (especially when it comes to fixing things) and that my sister is always there to listen to all my problems.  I am also thankful that my grandma who will turn 86 on December 14th is still here to provide us all comical relief from all she says or does.  I never knew any of my great-grandparents, but I am so thankful that Makenna has got to know my grandma, who she calls G-Gma.

Saturday 11/21--I am so thankful for friends who provide me encouragement, laughter, entertainment, etc.  Friends have come and gone in my life, as well as Justin's, but I have definitely found that true friendship lasts forever.  I have life-long friends who I consider to be more like family, and I have developed several other friendships in my 28 years of life that continue to grow.  So, friends that are reading this, thank you for your impact in my life, as well as Justin and Makenna's.  We love you.

Sunday 11/22--This might sound silly, but I am thankful for GPS's.  We would have been lost several times during our weekend in St. Louis, but thankfully my sister let us borrow hers (yet another reason I am thankful for her.)  This is the reason Justin and I will be purchasing a GPS for ourselves on Friday--we have scoped out the best deal on one.

Monday 11/23--Today I am thankful for unexpected opportunities God gives us.  At work, I have been given the opportunity to start an after-school program with a few co-workers.  The goal of this program is to help improve students' reading and math skills and I am excited to see how this program goes.  In addition to getting to hopefull make an impact in the lives of the students that will be attending this program, I am also excited about the generous stipend that I will be receiving for this endevour I am taking on. God certainly is good and gives me so much more than I deserve.

No comments: