Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Days #2 and 3 and Birthday Preparations

Makenna and I have been enjoying two more days at home.  My school was cancelled yesterday and today due to snow and frigid temperatures so I have had more time than expected to get things ready for Makenna's birthday party tomorrow afternoon.  I can't believe her birthday is almost here and she will be two!  We are having an Elmo party and I am taking a break right now from decorating the cake.  (Don't worry, pictures will follow.)  She is already talking about her friends who will be coming and I can tell she is super excited for more presents.  I can't wait to see her reaction when we bring in her new pink Radio Flyer tricycle or when she open the Sesame Street Adventures book that is personalized with her picture throughout it.  On Sunday, which is her actual birthday, we are planning on making our first visit to Build-A-Bear after church.  That should be quite an experience.  I have enjoyed being able to walk past that place in the mall without Makenna throwing a fit to go in because she has idea what it is, but I have a feeling that is about to change.   I will post pictures of all the birthday festivities, but for now stay warm everyone here in the Midwest.

No comments: