Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Beginning of Another Year

I can't believe that tomorrow I will begin my sixth year of teaching.  I am excited to meet my new students, but I am sad that summer is over.  However, I just have to remember that in about two months I will get to spend some extra time at home with my two precious children--that really sounds crazy to say two--so the anticipation of that will get me through the first part of the year.  This is also the last year for about 18 years or so (excluding college) that I won't have a child beginning school.  This time next year Makenna will hopefully be starting pre-school.  That is so crazy to think about, but at least it isn't kindergarten yet. :)

I also had a doctors appointment today and everything is still going great.  Dr. Williams even commented on how active Beckham seems to be because he was moving and kicking around like crazy.  We just pray that everything continues to go smoothly and that we have a healthy baby in about two months.  And just FYI, my prediction is that Beckham will arrive on October 24th.  Justin predicts Oct. 17th.

In addition to tomorrow being my first day of school, Makenna also has a big day--she is going to the state fair with her nana.  She is super excited to see all the animals and I heard there might be some plans to ride a few rides as well.  I will report on how her experience was and what all she say about it.  I am sure she will come up with some funny things to say.

No comments: