Saturday, November 13, 2010

Review of the Week

Things at the Coffer household have been going pretty well this week with the exception of the need for a little more sleep. We now realized how blessed we were to have Makenna who slept very well from night 1, but now we are definitely experiencing what it is like to have a normal newborn. I know many who have had it much worse, but let's just say Beckham tends to get pretty fussy between the hours of 11 pm and 5 am. Last night he did much better, though, so hopefully this will continue.

This week we finally got out of the house and did some things. Last weekend Justin traveled to Memphis to be in a wedding, while the kids and I stayed behind. I was a bit bummed that I couldn't go with him, but the time I got to spend at home with my two children was nice.

Mid-week, Makenna went to her babysitters and got to play with her friends. She had really missed them and she had a great time. While she was playing, Beckham and I went to his 2-week check-up. He got a good report and weighed in at 8 lbs 4 oz. The nurse and doctor both commented how long and lean he is, which isn't surprising because Makenna always has been. Unfortunately, they didn't get that from their mother. After we left the doctor, we went to Justin's office so the proud daddy could show off his son.

Thursday night we experienced our first dinner at a restaurant with two kids. We went out to eat for my brother's birthday and once again, Beckham decided to be a bit fussy. Justin ended up going to the car with him, which is something we never had to do with Makenna.

Yesterday, the kids and I went to Bolivar and shopped at some of the open houses at some local businesses. We didn't buy much, but it was once again nice to get out of the house.

Today, Justin has his final soccer games of the season to ref until spring. He has really enjoyed this experience and I have enjoyed the extra money he has made. :) Tomorrow we plan to go to church and spend the rest of the day relaxing as a family.

We are also looking forward to celebrating this coming week. Friday is our 5 year anniversary (where has the time gone?) and Justin and I are excited to go out without the kids. Speaking of our anniversary, Justin knew what his gift was going to be because I needed help and info picking it out. However, I didn't expect him to be the one to get the mail yesterday when it arrived and I definitely didn't expect him to open the package. UGG! Oh well. He just got his gift a bit early. I will share more about it in a later post. Until then, I will leave you with some pictures.


Makenna and Beckham on the couch.  Makenna said, "Look, Mommy, we're sharing!"

He loves his pacifier.  Another way he is so different from his sister.

Makenna and her doll, Molly.

Chillin'

Our two little blessings.  We are so lucky.  And yes, Makenna was talking up a storm to Beckham.

Still chillin' 
Makenna loves to lay next to Beckham

No comments: