Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall Fun

We had a great weekend. Friday night we finally got outside to enjoy our new fire pit. Makenna really loved it, too and it was perfect weather to spend outside as a family. On Saturday morning, I woke up early and went to some garage sales with my mom. We also hit a children's consignment sale where I bought Makenna a few things. Saturday afternoon, Justin, Makenna, and I went to Rutledge-Wilson Farm, a local park, for their annual fall festival. We picked out a pumpkin from the patch, saw some animals, and took a hayride pulled by Clydesdales. Makenna absolutely had a blast. Sunday, we headed off to church and had a relaxing afternoon at home. We decorated our pumpkin with decorations I bought on clearance last year at Wal-Mart after Halloween. They just stick into the pumpkin and it is SO much easier than carving a pumpkin, especially with a toddler. We are going to be getting some more pumpkins this week from the farm in Bolivar, so stay turned for more decorated pumpkins. Here are some pictures from the weekend.


Makenna outside Friday night


Our new fire pit--I was just practicing with my new camera

Ready to go to the fall festival

Looking for just the right one

In the pumpkin patch

Playing on an antique tractor

Look at this onery smile


Waiting for our turn on the hayride


Hank--our first decorated pumpkin of the season


Makenna carrying on a conversation with the pumpkin. I think she would talk to anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. My girls always enjoyed the pumpkin patch. I like the newest way to decorate pumpkins. It is almost like a Mr. Potato Head. I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Lori