Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Big Girl Bed

Tonight Justin and I finally converted Makenna's crib to a toddler bed. I had been wanting to do this for a while now, but Justin just didn't think it was time, or in my opinion, it made him sad to think that Makenna no longer needed a crib. I love her bed because it is fairly simple to convert and Makenna loved getting in it after we had it put back together as you can see from the picture below. She has now been asleep for about 30 minutes and after I type this I am going to go check on her. I know we will have nights were she gets up and plays instead of going to bed, but tonight we didn't hear anything that would lead us to believe she didn't stay put.

The other picture below is just a funny one taken of Makenna last week. The potty training process is coming along slowly, but she really loves the "Melmo" panties I bought her and this particular night she decided to put a pair on over her PJs. As you can see from the picture she also had to get her "Melmo" book to read while she was wearing her "Melmo" panties. Yes, she is a bit obsessed with this little red monster, but that is the least of our worries at the moment. We are hoping it is just a phase, but she has been acting, well just rotten lately. She has thrown numerous fit where she literally throws herself on the floor and kicks and screams and she has also slapped us a few times. It is normally when we are trying to help her do something, so I don't know if she just doesn't want the help or what. But like I said, I am praying that the Terrible Twos have hit the Coffer house early and that they go away very quickly.




I am sure some of my blog readers are also wondering what I found out when I went to the doctor last week and the answer is nothing except that the test the wonderful (once again let me emphasize the sarcasm in what I am saying) doctor did on me to diagnose that I had an ovarian cyst cannot accurately diagnose such a condition. Dr. Williams, my OBGYN, said that they only way to tell if a woman does have one is with an ultrasound so I am going in on Monday for this. He told me that he doesn't think I currently have a cyst and that hopefully if I did it has gone away. So, that is where I am at in the whole ordeal, but I have been feeling better so I am hopeful that I won't have any other flare-ups because if I don't have a cyst and the pain returns, I really don't know what else it could be.

No comments: