Thursday, June 9, 2011

4 days down and 15 more to go

I have almost wrapped up the first week of teaching summer school.  At times I wonder why I even teach it, but then I am reminded of how nice the extra $$$ is for things like vacations, putting into savings, etc.  I only have 4 kids for the first two weeks and the second two weeks I will only have 3 so I guess it could be a lot worse. 

Speaking of vacation, we have decided not to take a big vacation this year since Beckham is so small.  However, we are planning on doing a few weekend trips, one of which is this weekend.  We are just going up to Kansas City for a few days just to hang out.  Makenna is so excited to go swimming at the hotel, which is free for us since my mom has a conference there and we are staying in her room.  Can't beat that.  We have also talked about going to St. Louis one weekend, but we don't know if we will be able to work that in.  And of course, we will be taking our trips to Silver Dollar City to make good use of our season passes.  However, being the planner that I am we are already beginning to plan our vacation for next summer.  We plan on doing something fairly big probably on the beach.  Justin was going to take me on a mini-vacation my birthday (the big 3-0) this fall, but now I have decided I would rather wait until next summer when we can go for a longer period of time and I also want to take the kids and make it our first vacation with all of us.  A co-worker had mentioned Dauphin Island, AL to me, so that is what we are looking into.  Or if you have any other suggestions please let me know.

1 comment:

The Hendersons said...

Hey Coffer Family!
That is really ironic! We are going on a vacation this weekend (June 17-19) to St. Louis! Glad to hear you are already planning for next years vacation. I hope Makenna has fun swimming!

God Bless,
The Hendersons