Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Wonderful Dad

Dad
© Karen K. Boyer

He never looks for praises
He's never one to boast
He just goes on quietly working
For those he loves the most

His dreams are seldom spoken
His wants are very few
And most of the time his worries
Will go unspoken too

He's there.... A firm foundation
Through all our storms of life
A sturdy hand to hold to
In times of stress and strife

A true friend we can turn to
When times are good or bad
One of our greatest blessings,
The man that we call Dad.


I came across the above poem on the Internet and thought it describe the special man my kiddos call Daddy very well.  Justin, thank you for being our rock, our support, our cheerleader, and our comedian.  Thanks for all the diapers you have changed, all the baths you have given, all the books you have read, all the hours you have spent playing in the yard, all the miles you have driven to make family memories, and all the other "daddy duties" you have done to make our family great. You are the greatest and we love you so much.

 
The first time holding Makenna--I love this picture
January 10, 2008 (the day Justin became a daddy)

The first time holding Beckham--Love this one, too because it looks like Becks is smiling at his Daddy.  Also, I love to compare these two pictures to see how much more comfortable Justin is holding a baby.
October 25, 2010

 
This year for part of Justin's Father's Day gift I decided to do an interview with Makenna about her daddy.  I love her responses and this is something I have a feeling will become a tradition, maybe with just different questions.  I love her answers!

MY DADDY
According to Makenna Coffer, Age 3
Father’s Day 2011

1. What is Daddy’s favorite food?
Chicken

2. What is Daddy’s favorite drink?
Coffee

3. What is Daddy good at?
Making his coffee

4. What is Daddy not so good at?
Paying attention

5. What makes Daddy smile?
When I used to say “Nannena”

6. What do you and Daddy like to do together?
Play soccer

7. What do you like to call your Daddy?
Justin Beaver (for Justin Bieber)

8. What does your Daddy like to call you?
Makenna Beaver

9. What makes Daddy happy?
When I do puzzles

10. What makes Daddy upset?
When I hit him

11. Where is Daddy’s favorite place to go?
To the Mexican restaurant

12. How do you know your Daddy loves you?
He tells me “I love you”

No comments: