Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Great Father's Day Weekend

This weekend has been a blast.  This past week we had sports camp at church so we have all been worn out, but we did get to have fun celebrating Father's Day.  Yesterday morning we began our day by going downtown for breakfast at a restaurant called Gailey's.  We had been wanting to try it for quite a while and I believe it will become a place we frequent.  Their sweet browns (aka sweet potato hash browns) are delicious and Justin fell in love with their scrambled eggs with cilantro and asiago cheese.


After breakfast we headed for a day at Silver Dollar City.  We have seasons passes and sadly this was only our 2nd trip this year.  We are planning on going several more times this summer alone.  Makenna LOVES going and enjoys the rides that she can ride.  For the first time we also took her bathing suit and let her play in the water area.  She had so much fun and I think she would have played there for hours if we had let her.











We were all so tired when we got home that we ordered pizza for dinner and the kids went to bed early.  Justin and I watched a movie while I edited the pictures I took and then we called it a night, too, only to be woken up a while later by tornado sirens.  Luckily we didn't have anything bad.

This morning we headed to church and then had a relaxing afternoon at home before taking Justin out to dinner.  Justin has the entire week off so he gets to stay home with the kids while I go teach summer school.  Only 9 more days of that and then it will be time for my vacation.

Here are some pictures of Beckham that crack me up.  His personality is really beginning to show and I snapped these photos using the continuous shot mode on my camera just after he had eaten dinner the other night.  I LOVE that feature of my camera because I get multiple photos back to back that are so funny.






No comments: